Make Safe / Water Test
At times we get requests for small repairs that are urgent due to impeding rain we offer a service called a Make Safe where:
- We have a set price for the repair.
- The repair covers tile replacements of 1-6 tiles,
- Sealing around flues
- Rebedding 1-2 ridge caps.
- Securing flashing.
- Tradesperson to attend and diagnose problem
- Quick & convenient service without several trips.
- Make an area water tight.
- Provide further quotes if required.
- Prevents further costly repairs
Replace broken tiles
Rebed dislodged ridge caps
Relay dislodged tiles
Sometimes even the most trained and experienced roofer cannot visibly see a water leak on a roof...
By doing a water test we can see where the entry point is.
WHAT IT INVOLVES
- In the first instance attending the property for an inspection eliminating all obvious problems that can occur with tiles or iron roofs.
- Checking water damage inside roof.
- Recommending a water test at a set price to determine exactly where water problem is.
- Applying water to area suspected of where the problem occurs.
- Inspecting inside of roof cavity to see where water entry has occurred.
- Diagnosing problem.
Water stains on ceiling
Check tiles & rafters for water stains
Holes in ceiling where water has dripped down
Apply water to area of concern
Water showing under roof tiles
No weep holes causes water build-up which drips into roof
WHAT HAPPENS THEN?
- The problem is then reported to the owner and under the water test scope of works repaired.
- If the water test shows a much bigger problem a temp fix is done and further work quoted.
- If extra materials needed a quote will be supplied.
WHAT IT COVERS
- Attending, diagnosing the roof problem.
- Cleaning out dirt build up around flashings, securing flashings & sealing.
- Drilling weep holes in bedding.
- Replacement of broken tiles & ridge caps.
- Small lead flashing repairs.
- Providing further quote for more extensive work.
- Stops repeating costly small repairs without finding the problem
- Peace of mind knowing that the leak has been found.
Please call to arrange an inspection and water test quote.